Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Beginning

We met through some "mutual" friends. Honestly, at this point, neither can even remember who the actual mutual parties involved were. I guess I could tell the story and say our eyes met across the room and the rest is history. However, love has not made me that ridiculous. Nor has love made me SO sappy that I make people gag.

For those that know me and Chris well, you will know that "booty call" was a frequent phrase in both of our vocabularies. Needless to say, I think we both had the same thing in mind when we met. Surprisingly, instead of making the moves, we found each other interesting enough to maintain a conversation that had sustenance. That conversation lasted until 3 am. (Still no moves made...I still like to give him a hard time on that one...although, Sebastian, my cat, made sure he planted himself squarely between us to ensure moves COULDN'T be made).


And for those of you that know us well also know that 'relationship' was not really a phrase that we could say without having a mild panic attack and 'stubborn' was a well known phrase to describe us both. Needless to say, our courtship has had its "moments." However, despite both of our fear of commitment, stubborness, and history of running, we have made it to this moment of engagement.

Forever is not so scary anymore, in fact, I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment